"A Home For Neurology Aspirants"
Many viewer predicted correctly. It's all about comfortable reading experience. Our website designer team is working hard on two tasks:
- How to minimize data consumption load on website viewer?
- How to optimize best reading experience on our website?
An 18 year young old girl presented with generalized tonic clonic seizures (GTCS) in morning. She slept late night after watching movie on television. She had no history of fever or limb weakness. Her parents gave history of myoclonic jerk, especially on awakening. She had no family history of seizures. General physical and neurological examinations were normal. Her biochemical parameters including electrolytes were normal. Electroencephalography (EEG) study showed 3 Hz to 6 Hz polyspikes and waves discharges. The magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain was normal. Answer the following questions:
- What is the diagnosis of this patient?
- What is the best treatment for this condition
- What is the duration of treatment in this case?
True and False about Prion Disease:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI)
- Creutzfeldt - Jakob disease (CJD)
- Diffuse Lewy Body Disease (DLB)
- Mitochondrial Muscle Disease
- Skeletal muscle show proliferation of degenerated mitochondria, under subsarcolemmal region of the muscle fibers.
- Normal muscle on Modified Gomori trichrome stain blue or turquoise.
- Mitochondrial muscle disease on Modified Gomori trichrome stain show mitochondrial proliferation as red or purple areas in the subsarcolemmal region.
- Muscle fibers appear as “ragged-red fibers” (RRF) on modified Gömöri trichrome stain.
Many students frequently asked me about best Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) book in Neurology for entrance exam preparation. Which MCQs book should I
read during Neurology Preparation. I have searched on Internet and major
book publisher’s website with different criteria for Indian and
International authors. I am able to list the following available books
for neurology preparation.
All the questions, answers and explanation are from "The Neurology: Self-Assessment & Review" book. Sometimes, editor willingly modified the questions, which do not affect the content of the question at all, but it prevents the piracy of copyright. There is strict vigilance regarding copyright infringements. The contents of this website are copyrighted and transmitting, sharing, posting, linking, copying to other website, etc. are strictly prohibited. The editor thoroughly checked all questions and answers from various sources, but there is no 100% guarantee for the correctness of the questions, answers and explanations. To the fullest extent of the law, neither the publisher nor the editor assume any liability for any error or mistakes contained in this book.